Welcome to Complete Orthopedics in Point Lookout, NY!
At Complete Orthopedics, we’re more than a service – we’re your dedicated partner in orthopedic health. Nestled in the heart of Little Neck, NY, we are thrilled to extend our expertise to the vibrant community of Point Lookout NY. Our mission is simple: to provide you with top-notch, compassionate orthopedic care that ensures your well-being and enhances your quality of life.
Why Choose Complete Orthopedics in Point Lookout, NY?
1. Expert Orthopedic Team: Our skilled orthopedic specialists bring years of experience and expertise to Huntington. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care tailored to your unique needs.
2. Personalized Treatment: We understand that every orthopedic condition is different. That’s why we focus on personalized treatment plans, designed to address your specific concerns and goals.
3. Advanced Techniques: Stay at the forefront of orthopedic innovation. We employ cutting-edge techniques and technologies to offer you the most effective and efficient treatments available.
4. Community Connection: We believe in becoming an integral part of the Huntington community. Your health is our priority, and we’re dedicated to contributing positively to the well-being of Point Lookout residents.
5. Proven Results: Our track record speaks for itself. We have helped countless patients regain their mobility, manage pain, and improve their overall quality of life. Your satisfaction and well-being are our greatest achievements.
Whether you’re dealing with joint issues, sports injuries, fractures, or any other orthopedic concern, Complete Orthopedics is your steadfast ally. We are here to empower you on your journey to better orthopedic health.
Purpose: Hip replacement surgery is recommended for individuals with hip joint damage caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or fractures. The objective is to alleviate pain, restore mobility, and enhance overall quality of life.
Procedure: There are two main types of hip replacements: total hip replacement (THR) and partial hip replacement (hemiarthroplasty). THR involves replacing both the hip joint’s ball and socket, while hemiarthroplasty replaces only the ball component.
Implants: Artificial hip joint components are typically crafted from materials like metal, plastic, or ceramic, chosen based on the patient’s age, activity level, and specific needs.
Recovery: Following surgery, patients undergo physical therapy to regain strength and mobility, leading to reduced pain and improved hip function.
Purpose: Custom knee replacement offers a personalized approach to knee arthroplasty, suitable for individuals with severe knee pain or joint damage unresponsive to conservative treatments.
Procedure: Advanced imaging and computer modeling assess the patient’s knee anatomy before surgery, allowing for the design of a custom-fit knee implant tailored to their unique anatomy.
Benefits: Custom knee replacements often result in improved alignment, stability, and reduced pain compared to standard knee replacements.
Recovery: The recovery process includes physical therapy to regain knee strength and range of motion, typically resulting in reduced pain and improved knee function.
Definition: Avascular necrosis of the hip occurs when the blood supply to the hip bone’s femoral head is disrupted, resulting in the death of bone tissue.
Causes: This condition can result from factors such as trauma, prolonged corticosteroid use, excessive alcohol consumption, or specific medical conditions.
Treatment: Treatment options include medications for pain management and addressing underlying conditions. In advanced cases, surgical interventions like core decompression, bone grafting, or hip replacement may be necessary.
Purpose: This procedure addresses cervical myelopathy, a condition characterized by spinal cord compression in the neck, with the goal of relieving pressure on the spinal cord.
Procedure: Surgeons access the spine from the posterior approach, removing any bone or tissue pressing on the spinal cord and fusing adjacent vertebrae to stabilize the spine.
Recovery: Physical therapy may be necessary to regain strength and mobility, and the procedure can alleviate symptoms such as numbness, weakness, and difficulty walking.
Purpose: TLIF addresses degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine, such as disc degeneration, herniation, or spondylolisthesis.
Procedure: During TLIF, the surgeon removes the problematic disc, inserts bone graft material into the empty disc space, and utilizes hardware like screws and rods to fuse adjacent vertebrae.
Benefits: TLIF provides spinal stability, reduces pain, and can enhance overall function.
Purpose: ACDF is used to treat cervical spine conditions like herniated discs or spinal cord compression in the neck.
Procedure: The surgeon accesses the cervical spine from the anterior approach, removes the damaged disc, and fuses adjacent vertebrae using a bone graft to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord.
Recovery: This procedure can relieve symptoms such as neck pain, arm pain, and numbness.
Purpose: Lumbar fusion is recommended for conditions like lumbar canal stenosis or adult scoliosis to provide spine stability.
Procedure: During lumbar fusion, two or more vertebrae are fused using bone grafts and hardware to reduce pain and improve spinal alignment.
Benefits: Lumbar fusion can offer relief from pain, weakness, and other symptoms associated with these conditions.
About Point Lookout
Point Lookout, NY is a hamlet located in Nassau County, on Long Island, New York, United States. The hamlet is known for its rich history, diverse culture, and beautiful natural surroundings. Point Lookout has a lot to offer, from its historic landmarks to its excellent schools, and its growing community.
History of Point Lookout, NY
Point Lookout, NY has a long and rich history that dates back to the colonial era. The area was originally inhabited by the Lenape Native American tribe. The first European settlers arrived in the area in the 17th century, and the area became a center for farming and fishing.During the 19th century, Point Lookout became a popular destination for wealthy New Yorkers, who built summer homes and estates in the area.
The hamlet was also home to a number of industries, including shipbuilding and oyster farming.In the early 20th century, Point Lookout began to develop into a residential community, with a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and condominiums. The hamlet has a rich architectural heritage, with many historic buildings and homes.
Culture of Point Lookout, NY
Point Lookout, NY has a diverse and vibrant culture, and the hamlet is home to a number of museums and cultural institutions. The hamlet is also known for its beautiful parks, which draw visitors from all over the world. The hamlet is home to a commercial district featuring nightlife, hotels, waterfront restaurants, and a variety of stores.
Tourism in Point Lookout, NY
Point Lookout, NY is a growing tourist destination, thanks in part to its beautiful parks, charming villages, and rich cultural heritage. The hamlet is home to a number of attractions that draw visitors from all over the world.One of the most popular attractions in Point Lookout is the Point Lookout Beach, which is a beautiful beach that offers swimming, sunbathing, and other recreational activities.
The beach is a popular destination for both locals and tourists, and it is often used for events and festivals.Another popular attraction in Point Lookout is the Jones Beach State Park, which is a state park that features a variety of recreational activities, including swimming, fishing, and boating. The park is a popular destination for both locals and tourists, and it is often used for concerts and other special events.
Here are the directions from Point Lookout, NY to Complete Orthopedics at 52-21 Little Neck Parkway, Little Neck, NY 11362:
- Head west on Lido Blvd toward Bayside Dr.
- Turn right onto Long Beach Blvd.
- Turn left onto E Park Ave.
- Turn right onto Long Beach Rd.
- Turn left onto Mott St.
- Turn right onto Lawson Blvd.
- Turn left onto Rockaway Ave.
- Turn right onto Peninsula Blvd.
- Turn left onto Lakeville Rd.
- Turn left onto Northern Blvd.
- Turn left onto Little Neck Pkwy.
- Complete Orthopedics will be on the left at 52-21 Little Neck Pkwy.
Note: The exact directions may vary depending on your starting location. It is recommended to use a GPS or map service to get the most accurate directions.
Healthcare near Point Lookout
- CVS Pharmacy – 253 Long Beach Rd, Island Park, NY 11558
- Walgreens Pharmacy – 400 Sunrise Hwy, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- Rite Aid Pharmacy – 279 Long Beach Rd, Island Park, NY 11558
- South Nassau Radiology – 2277 Grand Ave, Baldwin, NY 11510
- Oceanside Radiology – 3255 Lawson Blvd, Oceanside, NY 11572
- Diagnostic Radiology Associates – 165 N Village Ave, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Urgent Care Centers
- CityMD Oceanside Urgent Care – 3644 Long Beach Rd, Oceanside, NY 11572
- ProHEALTH Urgent Care – 1 Healthy Way, Oceanside, NY 11572
- Northwell Health-GoHealth Urgent Care – 1070 Northern Blvd, Roslyn, NY 11576
- Mount Sinai South Nassau – 1 Healthy Way, Oceanside, NY 11572
- Mercy Medical Center – 1000 N Village Ave, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center – 270-05 76th Ave, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Note: The information provided is accurate as of October 2023.
We take great pride in providing comprehensive orthopedic care to patients from various hospitals and urgent care centers in our community, including those mentioned earlier.
Whether you have a referral for orthopedic treatment or simply wish to consult with us for any orthopedic concerns, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated 24/7 team. We are here to assist you promptly and compassionately.
Many individuals visit urgent care centers and hospitals for worker compensation and no-fault insurance-related injuries. If your injury does not necessitate a hospital visit, we are pleased to provide professional orthopedic treatment tailored to such cases. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 631-981-2663 to schedule an appointment with us today. Your well-being is our priority.