Complete Orthopedics: Your Premier Choice for Orthopedic Care in Yaphank, NY
Welcome to Complete Orthopedics, your trusted source for exceptional orthopedic care in Yaphank, NY. Located in Patchogue, NY, we are delighted to extend our services to the Yaphank community, delivering top-notch orthopedic solutions to enhance your well-being and mobility.
Why Opt for Complete Orthopedics in Yaphank?
1. Unparalleled Expertise: Our team of orthopedic specialists boasts years of experience and expertise in various orthopedic fields. We’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of care.
2. Personalized Approach: We understand that every patient is unique. Our treatments are tailored to your specific needs, ensuring a customized and effective orthopedic plan.
3. Cutting-Edge Techniques: At Complete Orthopedics, we stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in orthopedic medicine. You can trust us to offer state-of-the-art solutions for your condition.
4. Community-Centric Focus: Our expansion into Old Bethpage reflects our commitment to serving local residents. We’re here to make a positive impact on your orthopedic health.
5. Proven Excellence: Our track record speaks for itself. We’ve helped countless individuals regain mobility, alleviate pain, and improve their overall quality of life.
Whether you’re dealing with joint problems, sports injuries, fractures, or any other orthopedic concern, Complete Orthopedics is here to help. We take pride in offering compassionate, expert care to the Yaphank community, enabling you to enjoy life to the fullest.
Our Comprehensive Orthopedic Services Encompass:
Purpose: Hip replacement surgery is recommended for individuals with hip joint damage resulting from conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or fractures. The objective is to relieve pain, restore mobility, and enhance the patient’s overall quality of life.
Procedure: There are two primary types of hip replacements: total hip replacement (THR) and partial hip replacement (hemiarthroplasty). THR involves the replacement of both the hip joint’s ball and socket, whereas hemiarthroplasty replaces only the ball component.
Implants: Artificial hip joint components are typically composed of materials like metal, plastic, or ceramic, selected based on the patient’s age, activity level, and specific requirements.
Recovery: Following surgery, patients undergo physical therapy to regain strength and mobility, resulting in reduced pain and improved hip function.
Purpose: Custom knee replacement represents a personalized approach to knee arthroplasty, suitable for individuals experiencing severe knee pain or joint damage unresponsive to conservative treatments.
Procedure: Advanced imaging and computer modeling assess the patient’s knee anatomy before surgery. This information is employed to design a custom-fitted knee implant tailored to the patient’s unique anatomy.
Benefits: Custom knee replacements often lead to enhanced alignment, stability, and reduced pain compared to standard knee replacements.
Recovery: The recovery process involves physical therapy to regain knee strength and range of motion, typically resulting in less pain and improved knee function.
Definition: Avascular necrosis of the hip occurs when the blood supply to the hip bone’s femoral head is disrupted, resulting in the death of bone tissue.
Causes: This condition can arise from factors such as trauma, prolonged corticosteroid use, excessive alcohol consumption, or specific medical conditions.
Treatment: Treatment options encompass medications to manage pain and underlying conditions. In advanced cases, surgical interventions like core decompression, bone grafting, or hip replacement may be necessary.
Purpose: This procedure addresses cervical myelopathy, a condition characterized by spinal cord compression in the neck, with the goal of relieving pressure on the spinal cord.
Procedure: Surgeons access the spine from the posterior approach, removing any bone or tissue pressing on the spinal cord and fusing adjacent vertebrae to stabilize the spine.
Recovery: Physical therapy may be required to regain strength and mobility, and the procedure can alleviate symptoms such as numbness, weakness, and difficulty walking.
Purpose: TLIF addresses degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine, such as disc degeneration, herniation, or spondylolisthesis.
Procedure: During TLIF, the surgeon removes the problematic disc, inserts bone graft material into the empty disc space, and uses hardware like screws and rods to fuse adjacent vertebrae.
Benefits: TLIF provides spinal stability, reduces pain, and can enhance overall function.
Purpose: ACDF is utilized to treat cervical spine conditions like herniated discs or spinal cord compression in the neck.
Procedure: The surgeon accesses the cervical spine from the anterior approach, removes the damaged disc, and fuses adjacent vertebrae using a bone graft to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord.
Recovery: This procedure can relieve symptoms such as neck pain, arm pain, and numbness.
Purpose: Lumbar fusion is recommended for conditions like lumbar canal stenosis or adult scoliosis to provide stability to the spine.
Procedure: During lumbar fusion, two or more vertebrae are fused together using bone grafts and hardware to reduce pain and improve spinal alignment.
Benefits: Lumbar fusion can offer relief from pain, weakness, and other symptoms associated with these conditions.
Purpose: Lumbar discectomy is performed to address herniated or damaged discs in the lumbar spine.
Procedure: The surgeon removes the portion of the disc pressing on nearby nerves, providing relief from pain and discomfort.
Recovery: Patients typically experience reduced leg pain and improved mobility following this procedure.
If you’re a resident of Yaphank, NY, seeking orthopedic assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (631) 981-2663. Let us be your trusted partners on your journey to superior orthopedic health. At Complete Orthopedics, your well-being is our top priority. Experience orthopedic excellence with us!
Yaphank, NY: A Charming Hamlet with Rich History, Culture, and Natural Beauty
Nestled in the heart of Long Island, New York, the hamlet of Yaphank offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. With a history dating back to colonial times, a strong sense of community, and stunning natural landscapes, Yaphank has become a place where residents and visitors alike can experience the best of what Long Island has to offer.
Yaphank’s history is deeply intertwined with the early European settlement of Long Island. The area’s name, derived from the Native American term “Yawpan,” means “bank of a river.” In the 18th century, Yaphank was primarily an agricultural community, with farming and fishing being the primary sources of livelihood. The hamlet also played a significant role in the American Revolutionary War, as it was the site of a skirmish between American and British forces in 1781.
The completion of the Long Island Rail Road’s Main Line in the mid-19th century brought new opportunities for Yaphank’s residents. The rail line opened up access to New York City, enabling the transportation of goods and people, and spurring the growth of the hamlet. Today, many historic homes and landmarks in Yaphank serve as a testament to its rich history.
Yaphank’s cultural scene is a reflection of its diverse and engaged community. Local events and festivals, often organized by community groups, bring residents together for shared experiences. The Yaphank Historical Society, established in 1981, plays a vital role in preserving the hamlet’s heritage and offers educational programs, exhibits, and events for all to enjoy.
Music and the arts also thrive in Yaphank, with local artists showcasing their talents and contributing to the vibrant cultural atmosphere. The Yaphank Presbyterian Church, a historic landmark, hosts musical performances and community gatherings throughout the year. The church’s annual Strawberry Festival is a beloved tradition that features live music, craft vendors, and, of course, delicious strawberry treats.
Yaphank’s economy has evolved over the years, transitioning from an agrarian community to one with a diverse economic base. Today, the hamlet offers a mix of businesses, including retail, healthcare, and professional services. The Brookhaven Rail Terminal, located nearby, has also contributed to the local economy by providing a strategic transportation hub for goods and materials.
Yaphank’s proximity to the Long Island Expressway (I-495) and William Floyd Parkway makes it accessible to both residents and businesses. This accessibility, combined with its natural beauty, has made Yaphank an attractive place for families to settle and for entrepreneurs to establish and grow their businesses.
As of the latest available data, Yaphank, NY, has a population of approximately 5,000 residents. The demographic composition of the hamlet reflects a diverse and growing community. The racial and ethnic makeup of Yaphank includes a mix of White, Hispanic, African American, and Asian residents, contributing to the cultural richness of the area.
Yaphank’s population consists of families, young professionals, and retirees who appreciate the peaceful and natural surroundings while still having access to urban amenities on Long Island. The median household income is above the national average, which reflects the overall economic stability of the community.
Yaphank may not be as famous as some of Long Island’s more touristy destinations, but it offers unique attractions that draw visitors seeking a quieter and more relaxed experience. Here are some notable tourist attractions in and around Yaphank:
1. Suffolk County Farm and Education Center: Located in nearby Yaphank, this working farm offers educational programs and a petting zoo, making it an excellent destination for families. Visitors can learn about agriculture and interact with farm animals.
2. Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge: A haven for nature enthusiasts, this refuge offers birdwatching, hiking, and wildlife photography opportunities. It’s a serene place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
3. Yaphank Presbyterian Church: This historic church is not only a place of worship but also an architectural gem. Its picturesque surroundings and musical events make it a tourist attraction, particularly during the annual Strawberry Festival.
4. Carmans River: The beautiful Carmans River runs through Yaphank, providing opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, and fishing. The river’s calm waters and scenic surroundings make it an ideal spot for outdoor activities.
In summary, Yaphank, NY, is a charming hamlet with a rich history, a vibrant community, a diverse economy, and an abundance of natural beauty. Its blend of cultural events, preserved history, and natural attractions makes it an appealing destination for residents and tourists who seek a peaceful and historically significant place on Long Island. Whether you’re interested in exploring local history, enjoying outdoor activities, or simply experiencing the tranquility of a close-knit community, Yaphank has something to offer everyone.
To get from Yaphank to Complete Orthopedics at 105 Medford Ave Route 112, Suite A, Patchogue, NY 11772, you can follow these directions:
1. Start by heading south on Yaphank Middle Island Road toward Academy Street.
2. Continue to follow Yaphank Middle Island Road for about 3 miles.
3. Turn right onto Main Street.
4. Continue on Main Street for approximately 3 miles.
5. Turn right onto Patchogue Yaphank Road (CR-101) and drive for about 3 miles.
6. Continue onto Medford Ave (CR-101) and drive for another 2 miles.
7. You will find Complete Orthopedics at 105 Medford Ave, Suite A, on your right.
Please note that these directions are approximate, and it’s always a good idea to double-check with a navigation app or GPS device for real-time traffic updates and the most accurate route.
Healthcare near Yaphank
1. CVS Pharmacy
– Address: 700 Montauk Hwy, Shirley, NY 11967
– Phone: (631) 281-1188
– Address: 1196 Montauk Hwy, Mastic, NY 11950
– Phone: (631) 772-2160
3. Rite Aid Pharmacy
– Address: 411 William Floyd Pkwy, Shirley, NY 11967
– Phone: (631) 399-1005
1. Long Island Radiology at Brookhaven
– Address: 250 Patchogue Yaphank Rd, East Patchogue, NY 11772
– Phone: (631) 730-0830
2. SUNY Stony Brook Imaging Center
– Address: 3 Edmund D Pellegrino Rd, Stony Brook, NY 11794
– Phone: (631) 638-2600
3. Suffolk Imaging
– Address: 20 Research Pl, Northport, NY 11768
– Phone: (631) 265-0100
Urgent Care Centers:
1. CityMD Ronkonkoma Urgent Care
– Address: 225 Portion Rd, Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
– Phone: (631) 699-3934
2. GoHealth Urgent Care – Patchogue
– Address: 613 Route 112, Patchogue, NY 11772
– Phone: (631) 666-0333
3. ProHEALTH Urgent Care of Manorville
– Address: 288 S Service Rd, Manorville, NY 11949
– Phone: (631) 437-0047
1. Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
– Address: 240 Meeting House Ln, Southampton, NY 11968
– Phone: (631) 726-8200
2. Mather Hospital
– Address: 75 N Country Rd, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
– Phone: (631) 473-1320
3. John T. Mather Memorial Hospital
– Address: 75 N Country Rd, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
– Phone: (631) 473-1320
We take great pride in providing comprehensive orthopedic care to patients from various hospitals and urgent care centers in our community, including those mentioned earlier.
Whether you have a referral for orthopedic treatment or simply wish to consult with us for any orthopedic concerns, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated 24/7 team. We are here to assist you promptly and compassionately.
Many individuals visit urgent care centers and hospitals for worker compensation and no-fault insurance-related injuries. If your injury does not necessitate a hospital visit, we are pleased to provide professional orthopedic treatment tailored to such cases. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 631-981-2663 to schedule an appointment with us today. Your well-being is our priority