Welcome to Complete Orthopedics, the premier destination for top-notch orthopedic care in North Babylon, NY. Our team of experienced orthopedic surgeons is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care for a wide range of orthopedic conditions. Whether you’re in need of hip or knee replacement, our expert surgeons are here to help you regain your mobility and enhance your quality of life.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Services
At Complete Orthopedics, we offer a comprehensive range of orthopedic services to address your specific needs:
- Orthopedic Consultations: We start with a thorough evaluation to understand your condition and concerns.
- Hip Replacement: Our skilled surgeons specialize in advanced hip replacement procedures to alleviate pain and restore mobility.
- Knee Replacement: Whether due to injury or degeneration, we provide state-of-the-art knee replacement solutions for improved function.
- Joint Preservation: We explore non-surgical options to help preserve joint function and delay the need for surgery.
- Sports Medicine: Our team is equipped to handle sports-related injuries and help athletes get back to their active lifestyles.
- Rehabilitation: We create personalized rehabilitation plans to ensure a smooth recovery process.
We are pleased to offer these extensive orthopedic services in North Babylon, NY:
Purpose: Hip replacement surgery is recommended for individuals dealing with hip joint damage caused by conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or fractures. The primary goal is to alleviate discomfort, restore mobility, and enhance overall quality of life.
Procedure: Two main types of hip replacements exist—total hip replacement (THR) and partial hip replacement (hemiarthroplasty). THR involves the replacement of both the hip joint’s ball and socket, while hemiarthroplasty addresses only the ball component.
Implants: Artificial hip joint components are typically crafted from materials like metal, plastic, or ceramic, chosen based on the patient’s age, activity level, and specific requirements.
Recovery: After the procedure, patients undergo physical therapy to regain strength and mobility, resulting in reduced pain and improved hip function.
Purpose: Custom knee replacement offers a tailored approach to knee arthroplasty, suitable for individuals with severe knee pain or joint damage unresponsive to conservative treatments.
Procedure: Advanced imaging and computer modeling assess the patient’s knee anatomy before surgery, allowing for the design of a custom-fitted knee implant tailored to their unique anatomy.
Benefits: Custom knee replacements often result in improved alignment, stability, and reduced pain compared to standard knee replacements.
Recovery: The recovery process includes physical therapy to regain knee strength and range of motion, typically resulting in reduced pain and improved knee function.
Definition: Avascular necrosis of the hip occurs when the blood supply to the hip bone’s femoral head is disrupted, resulting in the death of bone tissue.
Causes: This condition can arise from factors such as trauma, prolonged corticosteroid use, excessive alcohol consumption, or specific medical conditions.
Treatment: Treatment options include medications for pain management and addressing underlying conditions. In advanced cases, surgical interventions like core decompression, bone grafting, or hip replacement may be necessary.
Purpose: This procedure addresses cervical myelopathy, characterized by spinal cord compression in the neck, with the aim of relieving pressure on the spinal cord.
Procedure: Surgeons access the spine from the posterior approach, removing any bone or tissue compressing the spinal cord and fusing adjacent vertebrae to stabilize the spine.
Recovery: Physical therapy may be necessary to regain strength and mobility, and the procedure can alleviate symptoms such as numbness, weakness, and difficulty walking.
Purpose: TLIF targets degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine, including disc degeneration, herniation, or spondylolisthesis.
Procedure: During TLIF, the surgeon removes the problematic disc, inserts bone graft material into the empty disc space, and employs hardware like screws and rods to fuse adjacent vertebrae.
Benefits: TLIF provides spinal stability, reduces pain, and can enhance overall function.
Purpose: ACDF is employed to treat cervical spine conditions such as herniated discs or spinal cord compression in the neck.
Procedure: The surgeon accesses the cervical spine from the anterior approach, removes the damaged disc, and fuses adjacent vertebrae using a bone graft to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord.
Recovery: This procedure can alleviate symptoms like neck pain, arm pain, and numbness.
Purpose: Lumbar fusion is recommended for conditions such as lumbar canal stenosis or adult scoliosis to provide spine stability.
Procedure: During lumbar fusion, two or more vertebrae are fused using bone grafts and hardware to reduce pain and improve spinal alignment.
Benefits: Lumbar fusion can offer relief from pain, weakness, and other symptoms associated with these conditions.
Purpose: Lumbar discectomy is performed to address herniated or damaged discs in the lumbar spine.
Procedure: The surgeon removes the portion of the disc pressing on nearby nerves, providing relief from pain and discomfort.
Recovery: Patients typically experience reduced leg pain and improved mobility following this procedure.
If you’re in North Babylon NY, and seeking orthopedic care, we invite you to experience the friendly excellence of Complete Orthopedics. Reach out to us at (631) 981-2663, and let us be your trusted companions on your journey to better orthopedic health. We’re here to help, and we can’t wait to meet you!
About North Babylon
North Babylon, NY is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) located in the Town of Babylon in Suffolk County, on the South Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 17,509 at the 2010 census. The area has a rich history and culture, and is home to several recreational areas, shopping centers, restaurants, and schools.
North Babylon has a rich history that dates back to the late 1800s, when wealthy New York City residents began purchasing large tracts of land in the area for use as summer residences. The area was well-regarded for hunting, fishing, and other recreational pursuits. Like the titans of industry before them, many middle-class families chose North Babylon to build modest summer cottages and escape the city heat, beginning in the years before World War II.
North Babylon has a diverse population and a strong sense of community. The area is home to several parks and recreational areas, including Belmont Lake State Park, where walking, cycling, picnicking, and boating are enjoyed. Phelps Lane pool is also a popular recreation area for swimming, tennis, and relaxation. North Babylon High School is well known across Long Island for their high performing school sports teams.
North Babylon is not a major tourist destination, but it is located near several popular attractions on Long Island. Some of the nearby attractions include:
– Belmont Lake State Park: A 463-acre park with a lake, picnic areas, hiking trails, and a playground.
– Fire Island National Seashore: A 26-mile-long barrier island that is home to several beaches, nature trails, and historic sites.
– Robert Moses State Park: A 875-acre park with five miles of ocean beach, a golf course, and a marina.
Here are the directions from North Babylon, NY to Complete Orthopedics at 46 Little East Neck Rd Unit A, Babylon, NY 11702:
1. Head south on Deer Park Ave toward Weeks Rd.
2. Turn left onto Weeks Rd.
3. Turn right onto NY-27A W/Montauk Hwy.
4. Turn left onto Little East Neck Rd N.
5. The destination will be on the right at 46 Little East Neck Rd Unit A, Babylon, NY 11702.
Note that the driving distance is approximately 4 miles and may take around 10 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
Healthcare near North Babylon
1. CVS Pharmacy – 711 Deer Park Ave, North Babylon, NY 11703
2. Walgreens Pharmacy – 711 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY 11704
3. Rite Aid – 1251 Deer Park Ave, North Babylon, NY 11703
1. Lenox Hill Radiology | Babylon – 400 W Main St, Babylon, NY 11702
2. Northwell Health Imaging at Deer Park – 1991 Deer Park Ave, Deer Park, NY 11729
3. South Shore Radiology – 500 W Main St, Babylon, NY 11702
Urgent Care Centers:
1. Northwell Health-GoHealth Urgent Care – 1251 Deer Park Ave, North Babylon, NY 11703
2. PM Pediatrics – 1000 Montauk Hwy, West Babylon, NY 11704
3. CityMD Lindenhurst Urgent Care – 155 W Sunrise Hwy, Lindenhurst, NY 11757
1. Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center – 1000 Montauk Hwy, West Islip, NY 11795
2. Southside Hospital – 301 E Main St, Bay Shore, NY 11706
3. NYU Langone Family Medicine Associates—North Babylon – 986 Sunrise Hwy, North Babylon, NY 11703
Note that some of the urgent care centers and hospitals are located in nearby towns such as West Babylon and Lindenhurst.
At the heart of our practice, our profound commitment is all about delivering comprehensive orthopedic care to our wonderful community, including those we’ve mentioned earlier. Whether you come to us through a referral for orthopedic treatment or simply want to chat with us about any orthopedic concerns, we extend the warmest invitation to connect with our dedicated 24/7 team. You can rest easy knowing that we are here to provide you with swift and compassionate support.
We understand that many folks visit urgent care centers and hospitals for injuries related to worker’s compensation and no-fault insurance. If your injury doesn’t require a hospital visit, we are genuinely delighted to offer specialized orthopedic treatment tailored precisely to your unique situation. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 631-981-2663 to schedule an appointment today. Your well-being is, and always will be, our highest priority, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.