Welcome to Complete Orthopedics: Your Reliable Orthopedic Care Partner in Wading River, NY
Greetings from Complete Orthopedics, your dedicated orthopedic care provider located in Stony Brook, NY. We are thrilled to expand our professional and friendly orthopedic services to the vibrant Wading River, NY community. At Complete Orthopedics, we are more than just a medical practice; we are your compassionate companions on your journey to better orthopedic health.
Complete Orthopedics shines as a symbol of excellence in the orthopedic field, and here’s why we are your favored choice for orthopedic care in Wading River:
Experienced Team: Our team comprises highly skilled orthopedic specialists, each excelling in their specific area. With their extensive experience and warm approach, they are dedicated to delivering the highest standard of care.
Tailored Care: We recognize that each patient is unique. Our approach is personalized, ensuring that your treatment plan is customized to meet your particular requirements. Your comfort and well-being are our foremost priorities.
Cutting-Edge Solutions: We are committed to staying at the forefront of orthopedic advancements. This commitment ensures that you have access to the latest treatments and technologies, offering you the best care possible.
Community Integration: We firmly believe in making outstanding orthopedic care accessible to everyone. Our decision to extend our services to Wading River reflects our dedication to addressing the orthopedic needs of your community.
Proven Excellence: Our track record speaks volumes about our commitment to helping individuals regain mobility, alleviate pain, and enhance their quality of life.
Your orthopedic health is of utmost importance, and we are thrilled to become part of the Wading River community. Whether you are dealing with joint concerns, sports-related injuries, fractures, or any other orthopedic issue, Complete Orthopedics is here to support you professionally and with a friendly demeanor.
We are delighted to provide these extensive orthopedic services in Wading River, NY:
Purpose: Hip replacement surgery is advised for individuals experiencing hip joint damage due to conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or fractures. The primary aim is to alleviate discomfort, restore mobility, and enhance overall quality of life.
Procedure: There are two primary types of hip replacements—total hip replacement (THR) and partial hip replacement (hemiarthroplasty). THR involves the replacement of both the hip joint’s ball and socket, while hemiarthroplasty addresses only the ball component.
Implants: Artificial hip joint components are typically crafted from materials like metal, plastic, or ceramic, selected based on the patient’s age, activity level, and specific requirements.
Recovery: Following the procedure, patients undergo physical therapy to regain strength and mobility, leading to reduced pain and improved hip function.
Purpose: Custom knee replacement offers a tailored approach to knee arthroplasty, suitable for individuals with severe knee pain or joint damage unresponsive to conservative treatments.
Procedure: Advanced imaging and computer modeling assess the patient’s knee anatomy before surgery, allowing for the design of a custom-fitted knee implant tailored to their unique anatomy.
Benefits: Custom knee replacements often result in improved alignment, stability, and reduced pain compared to standard knee replacements.
Recovery: The recovery process involves physical therapy to regain knee strength and range of motion, typically resulting in reduced pain and improved knee function.
Definition: Avascular necrosis of the hip occurs when the blood supply to the hip bone’s femoral head is disrupted, resulting in the death of bone tissue.
Causes: This condition can arise from factors such as trauma, prolonged corticosteroid use, excessive alcohol consumption, or specific medical conditions.
Treatment: Treatment options include medications for pain management and addressing underlying conditions. In advanced cases, surgical interventions like core decompression, bone grafting, or hip replacement may be necessary.
Purpose: This procedure addresses cervical myelopathy, characterized by spinal cord compression in the neck, with the aim of relieving pressure on the spinal cord.
Procedure: Surgeons access the spine from the posterior approach, removing any bone or tissue compressing the spinal cord and fusing adjacent vertebrae to stabilize the spine.
Recovery: Physical therapy may be necessary to regain strength and mobility, and the procedure can alleviate symptoms such as numbness, weakness, and difficulty walking.
Purpose: TLIF targets degenerative conditions of the lumbar spine, including disc degeneration, herniation, or spondylolisthesis.
Procedure: During TLIF, the surgeon removes the problematic disc, inserts bone graft material into the empty disc space, and employs hardware like screws and rods to fuse adjacent vertebrae.
Benefits: TLIF provides spinal stability, reduces pain, and can enhance overall function.
Purpose: ACDF is employed to treat cervical spine conditions such as herniated discs or spinal cord compression in the neck.
Procedure: The surgeon accesses the cervical spine from the anterior approach, removes the damaged disc, and fuses adjacent vertebrae using a bone graft to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord.
Recovery: This procedure can alleviate symptoms like neck pain, arm pain, and numbness.
Purpose: Lumbar fusion is recommended for conditions such as lumbar canal stenosis or adult scoliosis to provide spine stability.
Procedure: During lumbar fusion, two or more vertebrae are fused using bone grafts and hardware to reduce pain and improve spinal alignment.
Benefits: Lumbar fusion can offer relief from pain, weakness, and other symptoms associated with these conditions.
Purpose: Lumbar discectomy is performed to address herniated or damaged discs in the lumbar spine.
Procedure: The surgeon removes the portion of the disc pressing on nearby nerves, providing relief from pain and discomfort.
Recovery: Patients typically experience reduced leg pain and improved mobility following this procedure.
If you reside in Wading River, NY, and are in search of orthopedic care, we invite you to experience the exceptional service of Complete Orthopedics. Reach out to us at tel:(631) 981-2663, and allow us to be your trusted partners on your journey to superior orthopedic health. We are here to assist you with professionalism and a genuine smile. Welcome to Complete Orthopedics!
Wading River is a hamlet and designated area for population counting (CDP) in Suffolk County, New York, USA, situated along the North Shore of Long Island. According to the 2010 census, the population of the CDP was recorded as 7,719 individuals. Wading River shares its school district with the adjacent hamlet of Shoreham.
While the majority of Wading River falls within the jurisdiction of the Town of Riverhead, a small portion of it is located in the Town of Brookhaven.
The name “Wading River” has its origins in the original Algonquian name for the area, “Pauquaconsuk,” which translates to “the place where we wade for thick, round-shelled clams.” In the past, it was also referred to as “Lonsefekwa.” The term “Wading in the River” or simply “Wading River” was adopted by the early English colonists.
The earliest English records show a settlement known as Wading River was founded by eight colonial families in 1671. The spot for the village was chosen with care.
There was a stream adequate for water power and abounding in seafood, good water for drinking, soil rich enough to grow essential crops, woodland for fuel, building material and food, topography to offer protection from the elements, meadowland for its grass .
Between 1895 and 1938, the Port Jefferson Branch of the Long Island Rail Road extended to Wading River. It was once planned to continue eastward to rejoin the Main Line at Riverhead or Calverton. From 1905 to 1928, Wading River was also the site of an LIRR demonstration farm .
During World War II, the Benson House was used by the FBI as the site of a secret counterintelligence operation to feed the Nazis deceptive information.
The hamlet of Wading River had a year-round population of less than 500. But during the summer months, hundreds of visitors filled the town to use Wildwood State Park, the cottages on the cliffs and dunes and, of course, the beaches. It was in Wading River that Walter Lippmann wrote his books Public Opinion and The Phantom Public in the summers of 1921 and 1923 respectively .
In 1947, returning service men from World War II began building homes in Wading River. This year was a landmark year of change for the sleepy little hamlet; noteworthy accomplishments include: The formation of Wading River’s own volunteer fire department, Wading River Fire Department
According to the census conducted in 2015, the population of the CDP was 6,668 people, with a population density of 680.5 inhabitants per square mile (262.7/km2) .
The racial makeup of the CDP was as follows: 95.10% White, 1.96% African American, 0.04% Native American, 0.97% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 0.81% from other races, and 0.97% from two or more races. Hispanics of any race comprised 3.69% of the population .
There were 2,370 households, out of which 35.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.7% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.5% were non-families. 18.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 27.0% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 30.7% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and 10.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years . For every 100 females, there were 100.1 males . For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.1 males .
Wading River, New York: A Hidden Gem for Tourism Nestled along the scenic North Shore of Long Island, Wading River, New York, is a charming and often overlooked destination for tourists seeking natural beauty, outdoor adventure, and a taste of small-town charm. This hidden gem offers a diverse range of attractions and activities that make it an ideal place to visit for a day trip or a longer vacation.
- Natural Beauty: Wading River boasts some of Long Island’s most breathtaking natural landscapes. The town is named after the Wading River, a serene waterway that meanders through the area and empties into Long Island Sound. This river provides opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the region’s natural beauty while enjoying water-based activities.
- Beaches:Wading River’s beaches are renowned for their tranquility and natural beauty. Among them, Wildwood State Park Beach stands out as a peaceful escape from the crowds typically found at more popular Long Island beaches. Visitors can relax on the sandy shores, swim in the calm waters, and enjoy picnicking and camping facilities.
- Wineries and Vineyards: Long Island is known for its burgeoning wine scene, and Wading River is no exception.
Several wineries and vineyards are scattered throughout the area, offering wine tastings and tours. These wineries are a great way to experience local flavors and unwind with a glass of wine while overlooking rolling vineyards.
- Farm Stands and Fresh Produce: The North Fork of Long Island is celebrated for its agricultural heritage, and Wading River proudly participates in this tradition. Local farm stands dot the landscape, selling fresh produce, homemade pies, jams, and more. Visitors can taste the region’s agricultural bounty and even pick their own fruits at various orchards during the appropriate seasons.
- Historical Sites: For history enthusiasts, Wading River offers a glimpse into its past. The Wading River Historical Society maintains and preserves the town’s rich history, with various historic homes and structures open for tours. Exploring these sites provides insight into the town’s development and the lives of its early inhabitants.
- Dining and Local Cuisine: Wading River offers a selection of dining options, from casual seafood shacks to upscale restaurants. Seafood lovers will appreciate the fresh catches of the day, while those looking for more diverse culinary experiences can explore various international cuisines. Don’t forget to try some local clam chowder or freshly shucked oysters.
Wading River, New York, may not be as well-known as some other Long Island destinations, but its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and local charm make it a wonderful place for tourists seeking a relaxing and enjoyable getaway. Whether you’re exploring the outdoors, sipping wine at a local vineyard, or simply taking in the scenic views, Wading River promises an unforgettable experience for all who visit.
Radiology centers near Wading River, NY:
- Northwell Health Grossman Imaging at Manorville: This center provides a range of imaging services including MRI, CT, PET/CT, and Ultrasound. They are located at 496 County Road 111 Fl 1, Manorville, NY, 11949
- Zwanger Pesiri Radiology – Port Jefferson Station: This center provides patient-centered radiology and imaging services in Port Jefferson Station.. You can reach them at (631) 444-5544. They are located at 4 Medical Drive, Port Jefferson Station, NY, 11776
- NY Imaging Specialists: This center provides advanced imaging services in a patient-centered and compassionate environment. They are an ACR-accredited facility with accreditation in MRI, CT, PET/CT, and Ultrasound. You can reach them at (833) 269-4624. They are located at 1500 New York Ave 112, Port Jefferson Station, NY, 11776
Pharmacies near Wading River, NY:
- CVS Pharmacy: Located at 6221 NY-25A, Wading River, NY 11792. They offer prescription drugs and medication, beauty and makeup products, vitamins, personal care items, baby & child supplies.
- Walgreens: Located at 1815 Wading River Manor Rd, Wading River, NY 11792. They offer prescription drugs and medication, beauty and makeup products, vitamins, personal care items, baby & child supplies, and much more
- Echo Pharmacy: Located at 56 Echo Ave, Miller Place, NY 11764. They specialize in compounding customized medications for patients including pain medications, dermatologic care, anti-aging, wound care, pediatric medicine, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, color-free, dye-free, preservative-free and sugar-free .
Here are the directions from Wading River, NY to Complete Orthopedics, 2500 Nesconset Hwy, Building 10D, Stony Brook, NY 11790:
- Head west on NY-25A W toward Miller Ave.
- Turn right onto Stony Brook Rd.
- Turn left onto NY-347 W/Nesconset Hwy.
- Make a U-turn at the traffic light at the intersection of Mark Tree Road and Nesconset Highway (Route 347).
- Complete Orthopedics will be on your right.
The total distance is approximately 7 miles and should take around 15 minutes to drive, depending on traffic
Hospitals and urgent care centers near Wading River
New York Health – Wading River 6144 NY-25A Suite #19, Wading River, NY 11792
Wading River Primary Care 5972 NY-25A, Wading River, NY 11792
Northwell Health-GoHealth Urgent Care 1842 Old Country Rd, Riverhead, NY 11901
We recognize that many individuals seek treatment for work-related injuries covered by worker’s compensation and no-fault insurance at urgent care centers and hospitals. If your injury doesn’t require a hospital visit, we are more than prepared to provide specialized orthopedic treatment tailored to your unique circumstances. Please feel free to reach out to us at 631-981-2663 to schedule an appointment without delay. Your well-being remains our highest priority.