Report a hit-and-run crash to the police within 24 hours

Or as soon as is practical. You might need to provide an explanation or affidavit to prove that you were unable to do so at the time. Try to get medical benefits through your own home, vehicle, or health insurance, or through the policy of a family member who lives in your home.

Private health insurers are not compelled to pay medical claims that should be covered by a driver’s No-Fault insurance policy, as was previously mentioned. Additionally, you must inform your insurers of the collision.

Send your claim to the MVAIC if you are unable to secure other insurance. You must meet specific requirements in order to accomplish this, such as proving the driver’s anonymity or lack of insurance.

Within 90 days of the crash, you must submit these forms to the MVAIC:

  • Notification of Intent to File a Claim
  • Motor Vehicle No-Fault Benefits Application
  • Family Affidavit

When a No-Fault insurance rejects a claim In the event that the insurance provider for an insured driver denies your claim, you may also appeal to the MVAIC. After obtaining the denial, you have 180 days to file with MVAIC. The extended deadline permits you to contact the insurance provider first before approaching the MVAIC with an appeal.


Complete Orthopedics is a medical office and we are physicians . We are not attorneys. The information on this website is for general informational purposes only.

Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information posted is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship or a doctor-patient relationship nor shall the information be used to form an legal or medical opinions.

You should not rely on any of the information contained on this website. You should seek the advice of a lawyer or physician immediately for more accurate information surrounding any legal or medical issues.

This information has been posted for informational and/or advertisement purposes only. You consent to these terms and conditions by using our website

Dr. Nakul Karkare

I am fellowship trained in joint replacement surgery, metabolic bone disorders, sports medicine and trauma. I specialize in total hip and knee replacements, and I have personally written most of the content on this page.

You can see my full CV at my profile page.